Research Planning and Information Department
The Department (HARID) is mandated to coordinate all research, planning and information technology functions in the Ministry. It is also mandated to provide monitoring and evaluation functions for all projects and programmes under the Ministry. Further, the Department facilitates the review and analysis of all legislation and Government policies pertaining to all the Departments and specialized agencies in the Ministry.
Functions of the Department:
- To facilitate computerization and development of Management Information Systems (MIS) capacity in all Departments/Specialized Agencies in order to enhance their ability to generate quality information for planning and decision making;
- To provide Information Technology (IT) backstopping and training to Departments/Specialized Agencies in order to enhance their capacity to effectively manage and operate their Management Information Systems (MIS);
- To integrate Management Information Systems (MIS) of all the Department/Specialized Agencies in order to facilitate the creation of all National Security Database;
- To coordinate and oversee the implementation and review of the Ministry’s Strategic Plan in order to ensure the attainment of stated objectives and ensure the Plan is in line with the dictates obtaining the environment;
- To co-ordinate the formulation/review of appropriate policies and legal framework in order to give guidelines and direction to the operations of the Ministry;
- To plan, coordinate, monitor and evaluate ministerial programmes and projects in order to ensure their effective implementation and achievement of the objectives;
- To co-ordinate the preparation of the annual budget and work plans and carry out budget performance analysis in consultation with all departments/specialized agencies in order to facilitate resources mobilization and effective implementation of programmes and projects;
- To facilitate capacity building in the field of research in all departments/specialized agencies in order to enhance their ability to generate information for effective decision making;
- To co-ordinate the preparation of quarterly annual reports on the Ministry’s operations in order to effectively disseminate information and awareness of the Ministry
- j) To co-ordinate the preparation of quarterly/annual reports on the Ministry’s operations in order to effectively disseminate information and awareness of the Ministry’s operations;
- k) To undertake Parliamentary and Cabinet liaison functions in order to ensure effective response and auctioning to Parliamentary and Cabinet queries and decisions; and
- l) To facilitate the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues such as gender and HIV/AIDS into Ministerial Programmes in order to ensure equity and social inclusion.